Trending


Love never fails.

And now these three remain, faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13: 8a, 13

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him. Romans 8:28

 Turn on your radio or television, listen to conversations around you at work, school or any public venue. What buzz words do you hear? Economy. Gas prices. Gun control. Tolerance. Intolerance. Whatever the topic, when the current state of the world is being discussed it’s usually negative. The world is going to hell in a hand basket as my Gram used to say.
Now take a look at worship music. It seems there are two themes that are quite popular these days. God’s love never fails and He is working all things for good for His people. Amen!

A few weeks ago our daughter Laura and our son Jeffrey were talking about the songs he was planning to play at church. When he named one, a song loosely based on 1 Corinthians, she mentioned a different one. He told her no, not that one. That led them into a discussion of at least three different songs that use the words from Corinthians in some way. God’s love never fails. It remains and sustains.

Listening to my own selection of worship songs the other day I noticed the second theme.  Several of the songs on my little device reference God working for the good of those who love Him. That made me smile and reminded me that about a year ago I noticed that a few of my favorite songs relied on Psalm 23.

Do you suppose these musicians and song writers get together and pick themes? I do not. Yet, here they are. One year it’s Psalm 23, the next it’s Corinthians and Romans. A few years ago I remember hearing the idea behind the Hebrews boys in the book of Daniel in more than one or two songs. The fiery furnace and the non-bowing stance were pretty popular musically. If the musicians don’t get together and choose a theme how does it happen?
I don’t know for sure but my guess is that God has something to say and He uses those people, the people who received His gift of musical talent, to spread that particular portion of His Word. I do not think it’s a coincidence.

God knows that we will hear the negative buzz words. He knows that even the least political mind can be drawn into a conversation on the rising price of gas, milk or produce. On the surface that doesn’t seem bad. It’s true right? It may be but it denies the ability of God to provide for His people regardless of the status of the world at large.
From the day I truly accepted the love of Jesus, I was taught that if God takes the time to say something more than once I better pay attention. Here are the current themes I’m hearing over and over in music, in messages from preachers and in conversation with other believers. God has our best interest at heart. He will work things for our good. His love never fails and that one thing, the love of God remains, forever.  Those are buzz words I don’t mind hearing over and over again.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Really god, where are you?

My Offering

Selective Sight