God Only Knows


 

 
Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again; Rejoice! Let you gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

 

Anyone who knows me, know that I am very skeptical of anything that presents itself as a formula to get closer to God. It’s as if we have to follow certain steps in a certain order to get His attention or receive His mercy. I am much more an advocate of crying out from the naked, transparent depths of my heart. Trusting that the God who created me and loves me is not checking the order of my steps as I run to Him.

          Today I’m going a little bit of a sidestep from that. This morning while praying three phrases came to my mind and heart and immediately I knew they weren’t just for me. Someone, somewhere who at some point, God will lead to this message needs to hear this.

So thankful
So blessed.
So encouraged.

 
Believe me when I tell you that this isn’t new. If you look at it, it is basically the “formula” of the Lord’s Prayer.  It is certainly following the format of the verses from Philippians.  We bring ourselves to God with thanksgiving. He answers with peace beyond our comprehension. How can we help but be encouraged?

          I hear all the time from people who, “just don’t have time to pray” or insist that they don’t know how.  Hmm… okay. Try this. Say thank You Lord. Then tell yourself, I am so thankful, so blessed and so encouraged!

          Those very brief words will draw you closer to God and only He knows what will follow.

         

Comments

  1. Tricia, That is such a great word and I know I need that reminder daily! Thank you for sharing your gifts with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! To be honest, it's all God's work. I'm just the fingers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Really god, where are you?

My Offering

Selective Sight