A Pain In The Neck


 

Do not be misled: Bad company corrupts good character. 1 Corinthians 15:33

There is a season for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1

For the last several days I’ve had a lot of pain in my neck.  This isn’t the first time I’ve had this and I know eventually it will ease up. This morning while we were praying my husband prayed that God would take away the pain in my neck.  I absolutely appreciate his prayer and I am so grateful and thankful for his support but the first thought that went through my mind was, “Well, there goes somebody.”

          My Bible Babes and I have had a few discussions about toxic people. It is so hard to get rid of them. Sometimes because of them but just as often because we won’t let them go. As much as we complain and bemoan the toll that they take on our lives we have myriad excuses why cutting them off feels wrong.

          I promise you I fervently hope that my hubby’s prayer is answered.  I am truly tired of this pain in my neck. I do not want to hold onto this at all. However, there are some people in my life who do cause me to flinch and yet, I’m reluctant to let them go. I have, as I advise my Babes, assessed the value they have in my life. I have prayed for wisdom. I pray to be objective but here they are and here they stay. Why? Good question.

          It’s not just people either. There are circumstances, situations and things that cause me more anxiety or aggravation than they are worth but they still take up space in my life.

          We’re quick to recognize physical barriers or limitations in our lives but what about those people, things and situations that make it harder for us to live as we were created to live. Shouldn’t we recognize those as well and try to rid ourselves of them?

          Take a few minutes and ask God to help you identify your current “pain in the neck.” Then ask him to give you the wisdom and courage to let it go. Let. It. Go.

          There are enough pains in this life that we can’t avoid. Shouldn’t we try to avoid the ones we can?

         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Really god, where are you?

My Offering

Selective Sight