In All Things


 

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28


I had a little mishap this morning. Nothing major, just a time setback and a small moment of panic while I wondered if I had the wherewithal to fix the issue. A quick scan of my cabinets and yes, in that sense all was well. Seems fairly ordinary, right? Well, not for me.

The thing is, someone else was depending on me. The problem I encountered wasn't going to impact just my day, but the very important event of someone very dear to me. Normally this would be panic mode melt down time but it wasn't. I looked at the disaster, stopped and simply prayed, “Lord have mercy. Christ have mercy. Lord have mercy.” And He did! Right there, in the moment. Peace flowed in bringing with it the obvious solution to the problem.

Later as I was praying and could see Abba's hand all over my morning another larger issue came to mind. I prayed a prayer of thanksgiving that even though right now I can't see the truth of Romans 8:28 in that area of my life, I know that it is true.

A few days ago a coworker of mine had a problem. She's not terribly forthcoming with details so I stood with two other coworkers as we tried to fashion different scenarios that might be occurring. When she did tell us what happened it was almost comical. We were so far off and so dramatic compared to her pretty pedestrian problem. Oh but we were so sure we had great ideas!

So it is with Abba and us. We look at our circumstances and try to find the whys. Why me? Why is God allowing this? And the whats... What good could come of this? What is the point?

I could have done that this morning. Why now Abba? What could possibly be good about this? What do I do now? How could you allow this? I didn't. Instead I chose trust. I asked for God's mercy and it came, swift and obvious. I still can't say why it happened or what all the results will be but I can tell you this, Romans 8:28 says “all things” and that means all things. I chose trust this morning and I pray to chose it in every and all situations because this I can say for sure, God is good and His will is right, good and best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Really god, where are you?

My Offering

Selective Sight