Amazed


 

The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
John 1:5


Are you ever overcome by the truth of the Cross? Jesus the Light of the world, came, lived and died for you. Think of it that way for a minute.

John 3:16 says, “for God so loved the world.” That is the broad sense, for the world. Jesus Christ died for you, _____________. Please put your name in there. Then read John 3:16 that way, “For God so loved____________ that he gave his one and only Son, that everyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

God so loved you. Jesus so loved you. How is that possible? I don't know about you but I don't see myself as that important and I know that I'm not in any way, shape or form, worthy of that sacrifice and by God's grace I know, intellectually, that I don't have to be.

Some days when I read God's Word and see the grace that is endless, the love that never fails, the mercy that endures I am completely overwhelmed. If you have never been overwhelmed by the Word of God I invite you to spend more time in it. Page after page, verse after verse you will find love that defies our limited understanding.  How much do you think you love your nearest and dearest? A lot, right?  You do not love them the way that your Father loves you.

Choose a gospel and read the story of the crucifixion, better yet, read all four. Take the time and really read the words, see the love, mercy and grace. See what the Light of the world did for you, you__________. It's going to make your day and maybe even change your life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Really god, where are you?

My Offering

Selective Sight