And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, May have the power ,
together with all the saints to grasp how wide
and long and high and deep is the love of Christ. Ephesians 3:17b-18


This morning when I picked up my Bible, it was open to a Scripture that I have been using to remind myself of God’s amazing power. I need a miracle and those verses assure me that God can and will answer my prayer. While I was reading and praying the enemy kept poking me, trying to get me to worry about something unrelated to my prayer. It was very distracting so I stopped reading and prayed that each and every time the poke came that my merciful Father would remind me that through Him I have the power to make that enemy shut up. The image from Psalm 91:13 came to my mind, the one about trampling the serpent. After thanking God for showing me a way out of that danger, I went back to the Word. The very next passage spoke of the disciples fears. The commentary for that passage explained that the disciples didn’t quite get who Jesus was or the extent of his ability to protect them. Did you follow that?

First I was reassured that my faith is based on absolutes and that God will take care of my huge prayer request. Understand this isn’t something that is possible for me on my own. I absolutely need a miracle. Then when the enemy attempted to distract me, there was another Scripture to remind me that God is all-powerful, not just in one aspect of life but everywhere. Nothing is too big or too small for Him.
Sometimes it is so hard to hang on in faith. The night gets darker, the road gets longer, the days get lonelier and it seems that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. There is light and not just any light but The Light, as in the light of the world.

Just yesterday I experienced a mixed bag of a day. Early on I was blessed by someone I dearly love. A bit later I was crushed by someone I dearly love. (different someones ). Still later I was able to do a nice thing for my husband and bless his day. The bookends of blessings around the heartbreak in the middle are more evidence for me that God loves me more than I can ever imagine and I promise you I’m nobody special. I certainly don’t deserve His blessings.

You know what that means? It means that God wants to bless you too. It means that His love is exactly as it is described in Ephesians. It means, as it says in Romans 8:31, that if God is for us no one can be against us. God’s love surrounds us, all day, every day. We just have to be smart enough to recognize it and accept it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Really god, where are you?

My Offering

Selective Sight