He Say, You Do


 

Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching.” John 14:23
 

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. James 1:22

There is a student in our school who never wears shorts, never.  We live in Florida and still he never wears shorts and is quite verbal about it. Even when he knows we’re going on an outdoor field trip, outside all day, no shorts. Or as he says, “No chorts!”

          Imagine my surprise when he said, in his heavily accented English, “Mrs. Searsha, look… Chorts!” (Mrs. Tricia, look…Shorts!)  I expressed my surprise and asked him why he was wearing them.

          “My God say!” He said, as if that should clear it up, which in retrospect it should have done.  When I asked what he meant, he told me that while he was sleeping he heard God say, “Fernando, wear shorts.” “So I wear.” He said with quite a bit of enthusiasm. “He say, you do!” He told me.

          He say, you do. If we all lived that way this world would be in much better shape.  The simplicity of it is absolutely beautiful. God says it and we do it. Done!

          Let’s make this our prayer today,

Lord, help me hear what you say and

further do what you say, today and every day that I am given.

In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Really god, where are you?

My Offering

Selective Sight