God's Perfect Plans


 

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11
 

Why you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."

 James 4:14-15
 

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding.

Proverbs 3:5

 

There is an event that happens in my life almost every year. Some years I look forward to it and other years it just feels like too much effort. I've prayed to be able to modify it, have a tad more control over it but for the past few years, it's gotten completely out of my control.

          This year, as in years past, as the date loomed closer I felt myself getting anxious, trying to find tactful ways to say, "Folks, this just doesn't work for me." None was forthcoming. Then God stepped in and made a way.

          The event is going to happen but not the way I anticipated. Enough change has happened that not only does this new style work for me but now my anticipation is one of great delight. I'm so looking forward to the event, with no dread in sight.

          I would love to say that I "let go and let God" but the truth is too many other things crowded my thought process and I just didn't have time to obsess over it. So today when I woke up and realized that I'm excited, eager for what is coming, I felt so blessed.

          Then I wondered. Why can't I do that in all things? God is in control. My Abba knows what is good, right and best. So why don't I just trust in Him? The top of my head answers are awful. Fear, selfishness and control issues seem to be the things that get in the way of trusting God. Oh and arrogance, that's another one.

          I am grateful for these moments when God shows me that His way is best. I'm just praying that I learn from them and that my trust grows and grows. It may be over worked and now sound trite but "let go and let God" really is the best thing to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Really god, where are you?

My Offering

Selective Sight