Such A Mess


 
Lord you are my God: I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things,
things planned long ago. Isaiah 25:1

What is mankind that you are mindful of them,
human beings that you care for them? Psalm 8:4

I just read a quote that says, “God is at work in the mess. That’s the message of the Bible.”  Isn’t that great? If you don’t feel, at least sometimes, like a bit of a mess, please contact me. I really want to learn your secret. Personally I more often than not feel a bit like a mess, a productive mess, a loveable mess but I mess all the same.

I am very fond of the verses in Romans where Paul talks about his behavior. “For I do not do the good I want to do—but this I keep on doing.” Romans 7:19 In my quiet time in the morning, after any time of prayer, I feel pulled together, ready to obey with alacrity, ready to be “good.”  Unfortunately, much like Paul, it doesn’t take long before I find myself doing something I shouldn’t or not doing something that I should. In other words, I’m a mess.

It is so comforting to know that God indeed, loves this hot mess. I even have a t-shirt that says so. I often quote Beth Moore and imitate her twang saying, “God is still working on me.” He is! And for that I am truly grateful.

We all mess up, neglect what is important, stated baldly, we find ourselves in sin more often than we feel we should. That’s okay as long as you don’t let those failures defeat you. God is at work in this mess, the mess that is an individual, an organization, a church and even in nations. As long as we invite him in, God will show up and he will work on us. (Revelation 3:20)

Don’t despair or panic or worst, walk away from God if you feel like a mess. Run into his open and forgiving arms. No matter what you’re facing, doing or feeling today, know this: God is at work and he doesn’t make mistakes. There is light at the end of the tunnel, hope in all circumstances and love to cover it all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Really god, where are you?

My Offering

Selective Sight