A List of Miracles


 
It is my pleasure to tell you about the miraculous signs and wonders that the Most High God has performed for me.
Daniel 4:2

 
Today had kind of a rocky start for me. To go into the reasons why would, however, give the enemy attention and I prefer not to do that. So let’s just say it was a bit of a battle to refocus my thoughts and hold onto my joy. In fact as I type there are still little dings coming my way. Here’s the good news, God is good. I’ve said it before but I think it bears repeating, I’m irritated by the whole “life is good” slogan. Life is not good. Life is hard. God is good all the time.

          As soon as I read this verse from the book of Daniel I had the support I needed. I was reminded of the greatness of God, His faithfulness, mercy and love. Why? Well, let me borrow from Daniel and make it my great pleasure to tell you about God’s movement in my life.

          I have a wonderful husband. I’m aware of that always but every now and then there are small things that shine a huge spotlight on just how much of a blessing he is to me. He has great integrity and greater faith. He is kind, loyal and protective and sometimes he makes me crazy which just proves he’s the real deal. We have four adult children, three sons and a daughter, and three lovely daughters-in-love. Our oldest son is truly a walking miracle. He was diagnosed with brain damage as an infant but spoke in full sentences at a year old and is apparently starting an advanced degree collection.  Our second son has a heart that has caused people to comment since he was two years old. There are no strangers in his world, only friends he’s yet to meet. Our third son has a musical gift, to call it “talent” would minimize its intensity. With no training he plays several instruments and sings beautifully. Our daughter is a hurdler, not in the traditional sense. Trust me our baby girl does not run. No, she’s a life hurdler. She’s vaulted over more obstacles than I care to remember and she does it with humor and better yet, without self-pity. Our children have blessed us with ten grandchildren. All of whom are unique and precious. One is another miracle baby, as his existence came as a bit of a shock, considering his parents were told that his conception was something of impossibility. Hmm, see Matthew 19:26 for that answer.  Miracles, all of them.

          Where life has handed me more than a few challenges, God has handed me strength, faith and grace to rise above. Once during a very hard time I was asked how I was handling it. I answered quite frankly that I wasn’t. My hope and strength are in the name of the Lord. Miracle.

          My day job is working with “special needs” children. That may not sound miraculous on the surface but I promise you, it is. I have learned so much about love, life and faith from my kiddos. That job wasn’t on my list of things I wanted to do and yet it has been one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done.

          Then there are the “ordinary” miracles and signs.  Take today. I’m sitting in my nice, comfortable home with a full pantry and two full refrigerators. In a short while I will take laundry from my washer and dry it on my line, because I am blessed with a gorgeous sunny day not because I don’t have a dryer. After that, I’ll lounge in my pool and read a book, because I have a pool, a book and the vision and intelligence to read. Even later I will spend time with my wonderful husband and three of our precious grandchildren because their parents trust us to take care of them. They will be here while their parents celebrate their wedding anniversary, which involves too many miracles to list here.

          This is a short and sadly lacking list of the miracles God has done in my life. I didn’t even get to the signs but to list everything would take far too many words. My hope is that it will get you started on your own list and that when you see God’s fingerprints all over your life you will stop and give Him the praise He so richly deserves.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Really god, where are you?

My Offering

God Only Knows